Archive for the ‘General’ Category
The Adventures of Elena Temple is a monochromatic puzzle platformer made to look as if it were created in the 80s. Overcome obstacles, figure out how to collect all the coins, find all the gems and remember your childhood while doing it! Progress through the game’s dungeon through non-linear exploration and keep an open eye for secrets to find.
- A dungeon of 50+ rooms to overcome, each its own mini-level
- Open exploration, choose which way to go, but don’t worry, a helpful map is just one button press away
- Challenging, old-school platforming
- Collect as many coins as you want, but we both know you want them all
- Coins will make you rich, but there’s no escaping the dungeon without all the gems
- Secret scrolls to find for the more observant player
- Best of all, play the game on a selection of 7 virtual old machines, from the Pomo D’or 4, to Maple and Some Toy and all the way to the NS-Bos PC
I had a lot of fun playing through this title. With the 7 color modes, you can think of it as a different game each time. There’s a lot of coins to find, along with some gems and secret scrolls. The game looks simple, but I ended up dying quite often throughout my journey inside the temple.
I would recommend this to anyone looking for a fun platformer that isn’t too insane compared to Celeste or Super Meat Boy. I’ve included my play-through of the game above for those interested in seeing some footage.