Posts Tagged ‘Nintendo’
March 27th 2018, UK – Award-winning international games label Team17 and independent developer Villa Gorilla have today released a new trailer for their delightful pinball platform adventure Yoku’s Island Express.
When Yoku arrives on Mokumana Island to take over the role of postmaster, he’s ready for the easy life, soaking up the sun and delivering parcels on a tropical paradise!
However, all is not well and Yoku will quickly discover that Mokuma the island deity, is trapped in a restless slumber, with his nightmares causing quakes and storms across the island. As Yoku embarks on a noble quest to save the troubled god, he will traverse the island using a unique blend of pinball mechanics, meeting a whole host of quirky villagers along the way!
Meet Fosfor who craves tasty Cove Mushrooms; Ohm, Tilo and Jamja the mountaineers clambering the Mt. Peak trail; Spina, Juice Master Jeepers and the rest of the Skull Gang and many, many more wonderful characters.
Yoku’s Island Express is rolling on to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch™ and PC in Q2 2018.
Source: PR Email
The fun-filled roguelike adventure RPG that introduced the West to a brand-new cast of characters from the Touhou universe brings back the definitive experience in Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded, launching in North America on July 17 and July 20 (digital) in Europe!
Along with the release date announcement, we also have a new trailer featuring a synopsis of the story, as well as gameplay footage as well as new characters and their abilities in the game. Don’t miss out on the biggest upcoming roguelike adventure on PlayStation®4 and Nintendo Switch™!
Source: PR Email
VANCOUVER B.C., March 8, 2018 – During its latest Nintendo Direct presentation, Nintendo announced that the Super Smash Bros. franchise is coming to Nintendo Switch this year. The video also showcased more than a dozen upcoming games for both the Nintendo Switch system and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, with many of the featured games coming from third-party developers, including SQUARE ENIX, Capcom, Grasshopper Manufacture, From Software and Ubisoft.
“Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS are being propelled through 2018 with an energized lineup of games of all kinds,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “These games contain a solid mix of first-party franchises starring some of Nintendo’s most recognizable characters, acclaimed third-party titles and promising indies.”
To view the Nintendo Direct video in its entirety, visit //www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct. Some of the highlights revealed in the video include:
- Nintendo Switch Super Smash Bros.(working title): The Super Smash Bros. series comes to Nintendo Switch in 2018. The teaser trailer featured recognizable faces like Mario, Link and the Inklings from the Splatoon series.
- New Single-Player Expansion Coming to Splatoon 2: The first paid DLC is coming to Splatoon 2this summer. Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion adds a hefty new single-player mode that lets players play as new character Agent 8, an Octoling (!) with lost memories. The new single-player campaign features 80 missions, as well as new stories that shed new light on beloved characters. Players that complete the Octo Expansion campaign will unlock the ability to play as Octolings in multiplayer battles. While Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion launches this summer, players can pre-purchase the DLC starting today in Nintendo eShop to immediately receive Octo-themed in-game gear to use in battle right away. (The full version of the game is required to use DLC.)
- Major Splatoon 2Update: In April, Splatoon 2 is getting a major free update (Version 3.0) that contains 100+ new pieces of gear, more stages rolling out throughout spring (Piranha Pit, Camp Triggerfish and Wahoo World) and a new rank (Rank X). Rank X is an extreme rank, even higher than S+.
- Mario Tennis Aces: Unleash an arsenal of shots and strategies in all-out tennis battles with friends, family and fan-favourite Mushroom Kingdom characters. With up to four-player local (additional accessories may be required and are sold separately) and online* multiplayer, and a story mode that even includes creative boss battles, Mario Tennis Acesis one of the most robust Mario sports games yet. The intuitive and deep gameplay allows for exciting competitions in the living room or, really, anywhere using the power of Nintendo Switch. In Swing Mode, players can use their Joy-Con controllers like a tennis racket, swinging them to initiate the tennis swings in the game. Mario Tennis Aces launches exclusively for Nintendo Switch on June 22.
- Mario Tennis AcesPre-launch Online Tournament: More details will be revealed in the future, but a free Mario Tennis Aces demo is coming soon. For a limited time, players can try out online* tournament matches in the game before it launches. To participate, players just have to download the Pre-launch Online Tournament in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch.
- Kirby Star Allies: Kirby is coming to Nintendo Switch for the first time next week! As players make their way through the robust adventure, they will reach dream palaces where fan-favourite legacy characters can become Kirby’s Dream Friends. Eventually, more Dream Friends will be added to the game through free updates. The first such update hitsMarch 28 and adds classic characters Marx, Gooey and character set “Rick & Kine & Coo” to the game. Kirby Star Allies launches exclusively for Nintendo Switch on March 16. A free demo for the game is currently available in Nintendo eShop.
- Octopath Traveler: Producer Masashi Takahashi from SQUARE ENIX revealed new details about the upcoming RPG, including the final game name, Octopath Traveler, two more main characters (Tressa the Merchant and Alfyn the Apothecary) and the ability to equip multiple jobs per character for use in battle. Octopath Travelerlaunches exclusively for Nintendo Switch on July 13. Octopath Traveler: Wayfarer’s Edition, a special edition bundle that includes a stylized pop-up book, a helpful cloth map, the Octopath Traveler: Sound Selections CD and a replica coin based on the in-game currency, launches the same day.
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, which originally launched for Wii U, is coming to Nintendo Switch. The new version includes new miniature courses based on various Kingdoms in the Super Mario Odysseygame. Also, anyone can play with a friend or family member by sharing a pair of Joy-Con controllers. While one player controls Captain Toad, the other can assist with things like turnip cover fire. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker launches for Nintendo Switch on July 13. A Nintendo 3DS version of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, which includes stereoscopic 3D visuals and touch-screen controls, also launches on July 13.
- Crash Bandicoot Crashes Nintendo Switch: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, which includes remastered versions of the first three Crash Bandicootgames, launches for Nintendo Switch on July 10.
- Okami HD: The gorgeous and ethereal remake of classic action-adventure game Okamiis coming to Nintendo Switch. In the Nintendo Switch version of the game, players can use the touch screen in Handheld Mode or the Joy-Con motion controls in TV or Tabletop Mode to control the Celestial Brush to defeat enemies and solve puzzles. Okami HD launches in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch this summer.
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole: The South Park gang is back in an outrageously offensive superhero RPG adventure. And with Nintendo Switch, players can now drop into South Park anytime, anywhere. In addition to the main game, all of the game’s add-on content will be available for purchase. South Park: The Fractured But Wholelaunches for Nintendo Switch on April 24.
- Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido: Originally announced for Nintendo 3DS at last year’s E3, Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushidois also coming to Nintendo Switch! The action puzzle game finds players devouring conveyor-belt sushi, matching plates and then throwing them to defeat enemies. The basics are simple, but the gameplay is deep … and tasty! In the game’s multiplayer mode, players can even compete locally or online* against other players in intense matches. Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido launches for both Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS on June 8.
- DARK SOULS: REMASTERED: The remake of the genre-defining and beloved original DARK SOULSgame launches for Nintendo Switch on May 25. On the same day, an amiibo figure based on Solaire of Astora will also be released. By tapping this amiibo, the popular “Praise the Sun” gesture can be used with reckless abandon from the start of the game. (The gesture can also be obtained through regular gameplay.) Players who want to take the game for a spin can participate in a “network test.” The free network test launches in Nintendo eShop, and will allow players to download and play a part of DARK SOULS: REMASTERED before it launches to try out the gameplay and unique online features. More details about the network test will be revealed soon.
- Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes: When Travis Touchdown wanders into the game world, he goes on a rampage of epic proportions. The latest title in the cult classic No More Heroesseries contains a total of seven game titles, including an action game, racing game and puzzle game. By using another Joy-Con controller, two players can team up for co-op multiplayer action. Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes launches exclusively for Nintendo Switch this year.
- Little Nightmares: Complete Edition: From award-winning developer Tarsier Studios comes Little Nightmares, a charmingly horrific puzzle-platforming adventure. The Complete Edition contains the two haunting tales of Six and The Runaway Kid in one package. You can even tap the PAC-MAN amiibo figure (sold separately) to unlock the Pakku Mask when playing. Little Nightmares: Complete Edition launches on May 18.
- UNDERTALE: The million-selling role-playing game in which nobody has to die is headed to Nintendo Switch. Launch details will arrive at a later date.
- Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition: The definitive edition (it’s in the title!) of Hyrule Warriorsbrings together dozens of characters from the Legend of Zelda series in an over-the-top action game. The game launches for Nintendo Switch on May 18.
- ARMS US & Canada Online Open Tournament**: Players who want to show off their ARMS skills will be able to enter the ARMS US & Canada Online Open Tournament, which takes place in the Nintendo Switch game’s Ranked Match mode now through March 18. The eight top players in these preliminary rounds will have an opportunity to move on to the online finals on March 31. The finals will be streamed live from Nintendo of America HQ at //arms.nintendo.com/videos/.
- ARMSTestpunch: A new global Testpunch for the ARMS game, which lets Nintendo Switch owners try out select modes for free, will be running for three days starting on March 31. To participate, players just have to download the Testpunch in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch.
- WarioWare Gold: The frenetic WarioWareseries is back, and for the first time it’s on Nintendo 3DS! With 300 fast-paced microgames that can be controlled by pressing buttons, tilting the system, tapping the touch screen or using the microphone, WarioWare Gold is the biggest entry in the series. And for the first time, the game includes fully voiced characters. WarioWare Gold launches exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on Aug. 3.
- Luigi’s Mansion: The original Luigi’s Mansion, which was a launch game for the Nintendo GameCube system in 2001, is coming to Nintendo 3DS. This remake has an updated look and new features, like a map that displays on the bottom screen and a boss rush mode. Luigi’s Mansionlaunches exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems this year.
- Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story + Bowser Jr.’s Journey: In this Nintendo 3DS remake of a classic Mario & Luigiaction RPG adventure, fans can replay (or play for the first time) Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story, one of the most critically acclaimed games in the Mario & Luigi series. It features new graphics and a new mode that tells the behind-the-scenes story of Bowser Jr. Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story + Bowser Jr.’s Journey launches exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems in 2019.
- Dillon’s Dead-Heat Breakers: Action meets tower defense in Dillon’s Dead-Heat Breakers. In this new game, players take on the role of armadillo ranger Dillon, who teams up with an animalized version of the player’s Mii character to help stop enemy invasions and save the post-apocalyptic frontier. Dillon’s Dead-Heat Breakerslaunches exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems in Nintendo eShop on May 24. A free demo for the game will be available to download on May 10.
- Detective Pikachu: Starting today, this new detective adventure game starring self-proclaimed “great detective” Pikachu is available for pre-purchase on Nintendo eShop and Nintendo.com. The game, as well as an extra-large Detective Pikachu amiibo figure (sold separately), launches onMarch 23. (The game is playable in 2D only.)
Remember that Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems feature parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about other features, visit //www.nintendo.com/en_CA/switch/ or //www.nintendo.com/en_CA/3ds/.
*Nintendo Account is required. Online services and features, including online gameplay, are free until the paid Nintendo Switch Online Service launches in September 2018.
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of US and CAN; high-speed internet required. Qualifier Period begins 3/8/18 at 5PM PT and ends 3/18/18 at 4:59PM PT. To participate, play at least 50 matches in Ranked Matchduring Qualifier Period (Ranked Match only available after you beat Grand Prix). Based on ARMS in-game ranking system and winning percentages during Qualifier Period, 8 Finalists and 4 Alternates will be selected to be available to participate in Finals to be held 3/31/18. Winner of Finals will get 1 color artwork (ARV $125). Other Finalists and Alternates will get 1 artwork (ARV $50 each). Odds of winning depend on no. of participants. Restrictions apply. Visit //arms.nintendo.com/rules.pdf and //arms.nintendo.com/fr/rules.pdf for additional details and full rules. Sponsor: Nintendo of America Inc.
About Nintendo: The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.5 billion video games and more than 710 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at //www.nintendo.ca/.
Source: PR Email
Happy Birthdays has a release date! This adorable and exciting sandbox world creation game is arriving on Nintendo Switch™ June 5, 2018 in North America and June 8, 2018 in Europe! With UI and game element improvements since its PS4/Steam® predecessor titled Birthdays the Beginning, Happy Birthdays brings gamers a fantastic experience to create their very own world, now on-the-go for Nintendo Switch™!
Source: PR Email
— Forever Entert (@ForeverEntert) February 23, 2018
February 21st 2018 – Publisher EuroVideo and developer Bonus Level Entertainment will bring their 2D action platformer, FOX n FORESTS, to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Mac and Linux in spring 2018.In FOX n FORESTS, players assume the role of Rick the Fox. Armed with a magical crossbow granting the powerful ability to change between two seasons in a level, Rick can freeze his surroundings in winter, create new platforms out of falling leaves in autumn, and use a host of other powers. Only by mastering the seasons will Rick be able to outfox his enemies, explore the mystic forest, solve brain-teasing puzzles, claim victory against colossal bosses, and bring the mystery of the fifth season to light.Catch a glimpse of FOX n FORESTS´ retro gameplay in the new teaser trailer.Inspired by classic games including Super Ghouls ‘n’ Ghosts, Wonder Boy in Monster World, ActRaiser 2, and the Castlevania and Zelda series, FOX n FORESTS will be both accessible and challenging. The game combines retro charm with modern game design while offering glorious 16-Bit graphics and a chiptune soundtrack.“FOX n FORESTS will surely speak to a wide audience,” says Marc Wardenga, Head of Games at EuroVideo. “References to the golden age of classic 16-Bit games, mixed with a unique soundtrack and contemporary, precise, and accessible gameplay, will bring back fond memories of retro games.”Successfully funded via Kickstarter in 2016, FOX n FORESTS will be the first title from EuroVideo’s new games label Wild River and will make its North American debut at PAX East in booth 10054.For more information on the title, please visit the official website and followFOX n FORESTS on Facebook or Twitter.About Bonus Level EntertainmentBonus Level Entertainment is an independent developer devoted to reinventing 16-Bit. The passionate team from Munich, Germany has worked on over 100 titles and has come together due to their love for creating retro games that transport players back into the golden age of 16-Bit gaming. By combining classic retro elements and modern game design, the studio´s mission is to create timeless classics for everyone to enjoy.FOX n FORESTS is co-developed by Bonus Level Entertainment, Independent Arts Software, and talented freelancers from all over the world. In Summer 2016, the game was funded with 107,875 EUR thanks to a successful Kickstarter campaign.About EuroVideoEuroVideo Medien GmbH is an independent publisher that has been active in the entertainment industry for decades. They specialize in the distribution and marketing of home entertainment, including movies, documentaries and children’s programmes. The company publishes its own IP and acts as a distributor for 3rd party products on DVD, Blu-Ray and Video-on-Demand. In addition, the company publishes and distributes games for PC and consoles, including its own co-productions as well as third-party products. Among recent games published by EuroVideo are The Dwarves, Shock Tactics, Expeditions: Viking, Everspace, and Ostwind.
Source: PR Email
The Lost Child is heading to Nintendo Switch™ this Summer 2018!
The highly awaited RPG featuring Cthulhu-inspired menagerie of angels, demons and everything in between will be heading to Nintendo’s hit console alongside the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation Vita (digitally) versions this Summer.
In a war between angels and demons, where will you stand?
Source: PR Email
SAN DIEGO, CA – Feb. 20, 2018 – Psyonix, independent video game developer and publisher, in partnership with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment, announced today the DC Super Heroes DLC Pack for Rocket League. The pack includes two premium Battle-Cars and a bevy of cosmetic items inspired by the greatest heroes that inhabit the DC universe.
The content included in the DC Super Heroes DLC Pack is:
- 2 Premium Batman Battle-Cars
- The Dark Knight Rises Tumbler from Warner Bros. Pictures’ The Dark Knight Rises
- The ’89 Batmobile from Warner Bros. Pictures’ Batman
- DC Super Hero Themed Items
- Aquaman – Breakout Decal and Player Banner
- Batman – Paladin Decal and Player Banner
- Cyborg – Roadhog Decal and Player Banner
- DC – Player Banner (previously released in Collector’s Edition)
- Flash – Wheels, Venom Decal, Player Banner, and Speed Force Boost (Wheels and Player Banner previously released in Collector’s Edition)
- Green Arrow – Hotshot Decal and Player Banner
- Green Lantern – Merc Decal and Player Banner
- Superman – Octane Decal and Player Banner
- Wonder Woman – Wheels, X-Devil Decal, and Player Banner
The DLC is licensed by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on behalf of DC Entertainment. It will be priced at $3.99 USD (or regional equivalent) and will be available for download on all platforms on March 5. For additional information visit the landing page HERE.
To view the DC Super Heroes DLC Pack trailer please go HERE
Source: PR Email