Posts Tagged ‘Switch’
We’re happy to announce that Disgaea 1 Complete now has a release date set for October 9 in North America and October 12 in Europe. In addition, we have a new trailer showing off the gameplay that you can expect from this wonderful remasterpiece! Return to the Netherworld with Laharl, Etna, and Flonne and kick some demon butt on your Nintendo Switch or PS4 this fall!
For more information about Disgaea 1 Complete or the Disgaea franchise, please visit the official website.
Source: PR Email
LOS ANGELES, June 12, 2018 – Nintendo opened its activities for the annual E3 2018 video game trade show with a bang – and a smash. Showing world-first footage of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Nintendo shared details about the latest entry in a series with sales of more than 40 million units worldwide. A new game built for the Nintendo Switch system, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate lets up to eight players square off in action-packed battles that are all about smashing beloved video game characters off the screen. Legendary game worlds and fighters collide in the ultimate showdown at E3 2018, which runs through June 14 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Nintendo made its announcements during its Nintendo Direct: E3 2018 video presentation, which can be viewed at //e3.nintendo.com.
“At E3, we’re showing how Nintendo Switch continues to redefine play, with the broadest range of games people can enjoy together anytime, anywhere,” said Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America’s President and COO. “Fans who’ve debated which Super Smash Bros. fighter is the best now have the chance to settle their differences once and for all, pitting familiar faces against fresh challengers on stages both new and old. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!, and the arrival of Epic’s Fortnite on Nintendo Switch demonstrate the strong momentum Nintendo Switch continues to have through 2018 and beyond.”
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will include every single fighter ever featured in the series’ nearly two-decade run, making it one of the biggest crossover events in gaming history. Fans can enjoy returning favourites like Ice Climbers and Pokémon Trainer, as well as newly announced fighters like Ridley from the Metroid series and Inkling from the Splatoon series. The game supports a variety of controller options, including Nintendo GameCube controllers (original or newly designed), Joy-Con controllers or the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. With Nintendo Switch, players can throw down whenever and wherever they like in Handheld or Tabletop mode while enjoying online play.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate combines many stages and new items, with gameplay that makes it easy for players of all skill levels to jump in. All current Super Smash Bros. series amiibo figures are compatible with the game, and any fighter’s amiibo figure from other series will also be supported. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is set to launch on Dec. 7, exclusively for Nintendo Switch. It is being developed by Nintendo, Sora, Ltd. and BANDAI NAMCO Studios, and is directed by Masahiro Sakurai.
Nintendo also announced that Fortnite, the Battle Royale phenomenon from Epic Games, is available for Nintendo Switch – TODAY. Players can download it for free from the Nintendo eShop, then test their mettle in thrilling crucibles of combat. The action never stops with Fortniteon Nintendo Switch, where players can build and battle together anytime, anywhere. Team up online with friends in the same room or around the world. Weekly updates and new gameplay modes will keep the action fresh for seasoned Fortnite players and newcomers alike.
At its E3 booth this week in the Los Angeles Convention Center, Nintendo will give attendees their first chance to play Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!, two Pokémon games launching for the Nintendo Switch system on Nov. 16 at a suggested retail price $79.99 each. Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! are a new way to experience Pokémon that lets players adventure with their partner Pokémon in the vibrant Kanto region, discover fresh and exciting Pokémon encounters and Trainer battles, as well as share the adventure cooperatively with a friend anytime, anywhere on one Nintendo Switch system. Players can even transfer Kanto region Pokémon into the game from the Pokémon GO app. These games serve as an entry point to the Pokémon series for newcomers, but they also provide fun and engaging experiences for Pokémon fans of all ages. A new accessory, called Poké Ball Plus, comes with Mythical Pokémon, Mew and is sold separately from the games. Poké Ball Plus includes a pressable analog stick and button, so players can control the new games entirely with the accessory, if they want. Nintendo is announcing two bundles, in which players can get Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! with one Poké Ball Plus at a suggested retail price of $129.99 each.
Other upcoming items announced during the Nintendo Direct include:
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Expansion Pass owners also will gain access to Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country to be released on Sept. 14. In this new story mode, players uncover the full history of Jin and the fall of his homeland, Torna, which existed 500 years before the events of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. This new storyline also will be available as a stand-alone retail package on Sept. 21. Full purchase details can be found at Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country.
- Super Mario Party: Inspired by the original Mario Party board game play, the beloved series is coming to Nintendo Switch with new mini-games and play styles that make use of the Joy-Con controllers. Super Mario Party includes features like character-exclusive Dice Blocks that add depth to players’ strategy. Up to four players take turns rolling the dice, and individually race across the board searching for Stars. In Toad’s Rec Room, new gameplay links two games and two Nintendo Switch systems for side-by-side fun. The game launchesOct. 5.
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses: A new episode of the Fire Emblem series comes to Nintendo Switch for the first time in spring of 2019. The player can maneuver the main character freely and interact with other characters to build relationships and gather information at various points within the game. This turn-based tactical RPG will put new strategic twists on battling, with formations of troops supporting individual units on the battlefield. Players will get to know three main characters – Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude – who play key roles in the story.
- DAEMON X MACHINA: A new fast-paced mech action game from Kenichiro Tsukuda is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2019. Players take their customizable Arsenal powered suit on a variety of missions to thwart the enemy at all costs. They can choose and equip their Arsenal with a multitude of weapons, obtain more from downed enemies and swap them on the fly to suit their strategy in the face of ever-changing threats.
- Overcooked! 2: The kitchen mayhem returns in this sequel from Team17 and Ghost Town Games that’s brimming with even more recipes, characters, kitchens and co-op madness. Bake, barbecue or broil with up to three other players in wireless local and online play modes. Save the world from clumsy cooking when the frantic food-juggler arrives on Aug. 7.
- Killer Queen Black: Redesigned from the ground up, the acclaimed arcade extravaganza that became a multiplayer phenomenon is coming to Nintendo Switch. Players can hop on a snail, hoard berries or wipe out the enemy’s queen to claim victory for their team in Liquid Bit and Bumble Bear Games’ Killer Queen Black, when it launches first on Nintendo Switch later this year.
- Hollow Knight: Venture through the beautifully hand-drawn, mysterious landscapes of a vast forgotten kingdom in Team Cherry’s Hollow Knight, an action-adventure filled with gripping combat and haunting secrets. Hollow Knight on Nintendo Switch also includes the new items, areas, characters and bosses from the currently released contact packs – all available today.
- Octopath Traveler: Players can take another early look at Square Enix’s upcoming fantasy epic when the Octopath Traveler Prologue Demo arrives June 14 in Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch. Play the demo, then use the save data transfer feature to carry your choices into the main game, once purchased, where players can live the stories of each of the eight travelers and freely explore the world of Orsterra. Octopath Traveler is scheduled to launch on July 13.
- More great games are coming in 2018, including Dragon Ball FighterZ and Dark Souls: Remastered from BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus from Bethesda Softworks, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate from Capcom, EA Sports FIFA 19 from Electronic Arts and Starlink: Battle for Atlas from Ubisoft, which includes characters and content from Nintendo’s Star Fox franchise that are exclusive to the Nintendo Switch version of the game.
To celebrate E3 2018, Nintendo eShop will offer savings on select digital games that helped make some of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game’s fighters famous, as well as other great digital games on Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. The sale kicks off on June 14 at 9 a.m. PT, and runs until 8:59 a.m. PT on Thursday, June 21. The full listing of digital games on sale will be posted to //e3.nintendo.com/sale on June 14 at 9 a.m. and can be purchased directly from the website for download or in Nintendo eShop.
As always, people can keep an eye on //e3.nintendo.com for all of Nintendo’s latest E3 updates, including today’s Super Smash Bros. Invitational 2018 and the final round of the Splatoon 2 World Championship, and lots of gaming details on Nintendo Treehouse: Live | E3 2018.
Remember that Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems feature parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about other features, visit //www.nintendo.com/en_CA/switch/ or //www.nintendo.com/en_CA/3ds.
About Nintendo: The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.6 billion video games and more than 725 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at //www.nintendo.ca.
Source: PR Email
SANTA ANA, California, June 7, 2018 — Nicalis, Inc. today announced that it has acquired the publishing rights to RemiLore: Lost Girl in the Lands of Lore, an all-new “rogue-lite” hack-and-slash action game that’s scheduled to release on Nintendo SwitchTM, PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Steam in winter 2018. In RemiLore, players utilize intuitive twin-stick controls to battle fearsome enemies and engage in epic boss battles.
The adventure begins when an ordinary schoolgirl named Remi awakens Lore, a supreme magic book. Together, fate takes them both to the magical world of Ragnoah, which has been overtaken by fierce mecha-monsters. Remi and Lore must venture together in a quest to find their way home, but can Remi really trust the mischievous magic book Lore?
Throughout their journey, players hack and slash their enemies using a variety of fierce melee and magical ranged attacks that change by acquiring over 200 different weapons discovered throughout the world. RemiLore players will have the freedom to journey through the procedurally generated levels for unlimited replay value in various gameplay modes, including single-player story mode and two-player co-op mode.
RemiLore features rich HD visuals and vastly different lighting styles that change based on each of the four seasons in the game. The beautiful graphics and fluid action are being created by the experienced development teams at Pixellore and Remimory, which include industry veterans from Rare and the creators of Subterrain and Color Symphony.
RemiLore: Lost Girl in the Lands of Lore will be available digitally on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam—with physical versions offered for both Switch and PS4—in winter 2018 for $39.99 MSRP.
About Nicalis, Inc.
Based in Southern California and founded in 2007, Nicalis, Inc. is currently celebrating its 10th year as a leading developer and publisher of highly polished, retro-inspired video games.
Source: PR Email
In addition to the original cast of colorful characters, Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded boasts a brand-new set of new faces you’ll set out on your new adventure with! Check out the Character Trailer to learn more about Reimu, Marisa, Sanae, and more!
A roguelike adventure with a burst of Touhou flavor, Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded allows gamers choose their own pace when exploring the land of Gensokyo. The game launches on Nintendo Switch and PS4 on July 17 in North America (physical/digital) and July 20 in Europe (digital only).
Source: PR Email
Genre: Fighting / Retro (Pixel Art)
Price: $4,99 USD / 4,99€ (-50% for owners of Robonauts, Astro Bears Party or Pirates: All Aboard!)
Availability: eShop – June 08 in Americas, Europe and Oceania
Developer: Retro Reactor (ported from PC to Switch by QubicGames)
Only one strike settles the duel, master the fighting style of each warrior to outsmart your opponents. Challenge your friends or the AI in easy, medium or hard mode.
6 fighters in medieval Japan:
- Kenji the honorable samurai and his katana
- Hinode the ninja striking her Sai weapons at the speed of light
- Soujirou the monk wielding his long-range Nodashi
- Hangaku the fastest girl in the East with her Kusarigama
- Bai Long the Chinese veteran and his proud Kwan dao
- Tomoe the killer with her sharp Wakizashi
- One Life: just like in real life, you’ve got only one
- Arcade: you get 5 lives to train with your character
- Team Duel: put together your best team of 3 warriors
- Tournament: up to 8 players (AI or real person) fight for the final victory!
The game lets you consult your achievements at any time.
Discount for players of our other multiplayer games
Source: PR Email
Get ready for a double-dose of survival horror with Yomawari: The Long Night Collection! Combining the scares and frights of Yomawari: Night Alone and Yomawari: Midnight Shadows, this cute-and-scary collection can now tag along with you wherever you decide to explore. But be warned, the dark is no place to be alone…
Check out the Announcement Trailer now. Yomawari: The Long Night Collection launches on Nintendo Switch October 30 in North America and October 26 in Europe.
Source: PR Email
Last night, Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, GAME FREAK and Niantic announced several fun new Pokémon experiences coming to the Nintendo Switch system in 2018, including one that is available right now!
The entire video presentation can be viewed here, but below is a summary of key announcements:
- Pokémon™: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon™: Let’s Go, Eevee!: Taking place in the diverse and vibrant Kanto region, this new pair of games is packed with adventure for Pokémon Trainers of all ages. In the Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!games, you will partner up with either Pikachu or Eevee and embark on an exciting adventure where you’ll catch and battle Pokémon, meet other Trainers and discover the region of Kanto. Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! launch exclusively on Nintendo Switch on Nov. 16, 2018.
- Poké Ball™ Plus: This controller was specially designed by Nintendo to enhance the gameplay experience for aspiring Pokémon Trainers by replicating the look and feel of an actual Poké Ball™. Poké Ball Plus allows players to control their journey in Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu!and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!, combining motion controls, a pressable Control Stick and Top Button to create a truly immersive Pokémon adventure. In addition to motion controls, Poké Ball Plus also lights up with a variety of colours, vibrates and plays sounds. Players can even send one Pokémon at a time from Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! to Poké Ball Plus and bring it along for a stroll in the real world. Poké Ball Plus is also compatible with the Pokémon™ GO app*, providing the same functionality as Pokémon™ GO Plus. Poké Ball Plus will launch alongside Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! on Nov. 16, 2018.
- Connect to Pokémon GO*: By wirelessly connecting Pokémon GO to Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!, players can transfer Kanto region Pokémon into the Nintendo Switch games.
- Catch and Battle with a Friend: Play Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! cooperatively anytime, anywhere on one system. Each player can use a single Joy-Con controller or Poké Ball Plus (sold separately) to catch and battle together.
- Pokémon™ Quest: Set off on an adventure in the Pokémon Quest game. Venture out with your Pokémon buddies on expeditions across Tumblecube Island in search of loot in this free-to-start action-adventure game for the Nintendo Switch system. Modify your Pokémon buddies with discovered Power Stones to make your expedition team. With a cube-shaped art style, Pokémon Quest is unlike any Pokémon game you’ve seen before. The simple gameplay makes it easy to hop into expeditions and start exploring Tumblecube Island with the help of your Pokémon buddies. Afterward, head back to your base camp where you can use the loot you found during your adventure to befriend more Pokémon. Attract various Kanto Region Pokémon to your base camp by cooking up dishes made with collected ingredients. You can even decorate your base camp with fun items that provide helpful bonuses that make your expeditions more beneficial.
In addition to all of this exciting content, it was announced that GAME FREAK is simultaneously developing another core RPG entry in the Pokémon series, slated to be released for Nintendo Switch in late 2019.
For more information about all these experiences and more, visit //www.pokemon.com.
Source: PR Email
SANTA ANA, California, May 29, 2018 — Nicalis, Inc. has announced the official release of Ikaruga, available digitally worldwide on Nintendo Switch starting today. This legendary and critically acclaimed vertical shooter from renowned Japanese game developer Treasure offers something special for both nostalgic fans and modern players.
The gameplay in Ikaruga is centered around the ship’s polarity-switching mechanic, which lets players toggle between two energy polarities (black or white) at any time with the touch of a button. Bullets that are the same color as the ship can be absorbed, while the opposite color will do damage. As the amount of absorbed bullets increases, so does the player’s homing laser attack which can deal huge damage to enemy ships.
Ikaruga on Nintendo Switch features both single-player and two-player (local) cooperative modes, as well as global leaderboards that can be accessed online for tracking high scores. The game can be enjoyed in the traditional horizontal mode on Nintendo Switch, or flipped vertically for arcade-style “TATE” mode action.
Ikaruga for Nintendo Switch is rated “E10+” by the ESRB and is available now at the Nintendo eShop for $14.99 MSRP.
Source: PR Email
Vienna/AUSTRIA, May 29th, 2018: Hooray for Kay! Today he starts searching for the Way and if you help him he may in the end save the day! The quirky Action-RPG Legend of Kay is now out on Nintendo Switch.
Since its initial release on the PS2™, Legend of Kay has been well received by both critics and consumers alike and was subsequently ported to the Nintendo DS™. 10 years later, the game has been remastered and ported to PC/Mac, PS3™, Xbox 360 and PS4™ and Wii U™ under the name Legend of Kay Anniversary.
As Legend of Kay’s timeless style and genre haven’t lost their appeal – and THQ Nordic wants to continue its strategy of making the game available to players of all kinds of platforms – here it is!
About Legend of Kay Anniversary
Legend of Kay Anniversary is a thoroughly remastered version of the original game including high-resolution textures, new, more detailed character models, modern rendering techniques and crystal-clear surround sound, giving this great classic a new shine
Full of fond allusions to old martial arts films and pop culture quotes, Legend of Kay – Anniversary is both an incredibly funny game and a challenging action-adventure for young and old alike.
- 25 different levels with over 15 enemy types and epic boss battles.
- 3 different primary weapons (sword/hammer/claws) with distinct combat styles.
- Various mini-games such as wild boar racing, dragon flying and wolf riding.
- Online rankings: compare your score with your friends’ and compete against the best in the world.
Source: PR Email
Los Angeles, CA – May 23rd, 2018 – Flying Tiger Entertainment presents the Japanese arcade hit Joe And Mac / Caveman Ninja, the fifth action game release, from Johnny Turbo’s Arcade featuring arcade classics by Data East™.
Launching May 31th, 2018 for $7.99 in Americas, and soon after in European territories. Pre-Order now for $6.99!
Grab your club and get ready to go on a wild, prehistoric adventure with the Cavemen Ninjas – Joe & Mac! Help Joe and Mac, two cavemen who fight against enemy cavemen and dinosaurs using prehistoric weapons.
The game stars the green-haired Joe and the blue-haired Mac, cavemen who battle through numerous prehistoric levels using weapons such as boomerangs, bones, fire, flints, electricity, stone wheels, and clubs. The objective of the game is to rescue the “Cave Babes” who were kidnapped by a rival tribe of cavemen. Play alone or together with a friend on Co-Op.
Source: PR Email