28th July 2017 – Award-winning international games label Team17 and developer Mouldy Toof have today released a brand new multiplayer trailer for The Escapists 2, the follow up to their award-winning prison-escape game The Escapists which recently celebrated reaching over four million downloads.
The new trailer showcases U.S.S Anomaly, the new home for interstellar inmates. Designed to solve the problem of Earth’s overcrowded prisons, the U.S.S Anomaly is the ultimate test of your escaping prowess. The floating fortress is complete with robotic guards (and dogs!), jet packs, shuttles and an A.I Warden. In space, no one can hear you escape!
The Escapists 2 is the forthcoming sequel to the multi-million selling, award-winning sandbox prison-escape game which will include, in a first for the series, drop in/drop out play for up to four players in both local and online play.
Escaping won’t be easy though. You’ll have to work around the strict prison schedule and avoid the unwanted attention of guards. Craft weapons and tools found (or stolen) from within the prison, but beware of cell shakedowns. Get a job or perform “favours” for your fellow inmates to purchase vital supplies, all while scouting escape routes.
The Escapists 2 features:
● A dedicated tutorial for new players to learn the basics of prison life
● 10 unique themed prisons to escape from including the frosty Fort Tundra, a train hurtling through the desert, and even a trip to the final frontier!
● Play each prison solo or multiplayer with both local and online co-op and versus modes for up to four players*
● Drop-in, drop-out online multiplayer experience. Carefully plan and execute an intricate escape from your initial incarceration with your fellow inmates either online or locally, or simply hop into an existing game already in progress to help pull off the final touches of the escape!
● A brand-new combat system to make every prison brawl even more bruising
● Create your con with over 300 customisations to create your perfect prisoner
● New ways to escape
● New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade Taser to knock out guards plus many more!
The Escapists 2 will launch on August 22nd for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, with a Nintendo Switch™ version to follow. Players can pre-order the game now via Steam and the PlayStation Store with a physical version for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One available from select retailers.
[*] Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC players will be able to play online multiplayer and local split screen for up to four players while Nintendo Switch™ players will be able to play online up to four players and split screen for two players.
About Team17 Digital Ltd
Founded in 1990, Team17 Digital Limited is a leading international games label that hosts the Worms franchise, Aven Colony, The Escapists, Genesis Alpha One, Overcooked, Sword Legacy: Omen, Yoku’s Island Express, Yooka-Laylee and many more from developers around the world.
Visit www.team17.com for more info
About Mouldy Toof Studios
Based in the UK and founded in 2012, Mouldy Toof Studios are the creators of The Escapists franchise and are part of the Team17 Digital Ltd family.
Source: PR Email